Living in smaller homes in Toronto, ON can be affordable and cozy if you have the luxury of living alone or with a partner but when the news come that baby is on the way… the planning starts for your new bundle of joy. Upsizing and moving to a larger home is a natural first step to a growing family and to helping you prepare for the exciting journey ahead. Here are a few things that you should consider before making the BIG decision for your future.
How much can you afford?
Don’t start looking at the white picket fence until you know what you can afford.
- Contact your bank to obtain a pre-approved mortgage and work out other expenses like condo fees, property taxes, and utilities. This will give you an idea of where to start looking.
- Do you want a new house or resale? If you’re handy, you can not only save money on a fixer-upper, but you can customize it however you’d like, and you can add value to it for when you finally decide to move out!
Location, Location, Location
Location is the most important key to any family life. A house in a good neighborhood in Toronto, ON will give you a piece of mind, knowing your loved ones are safe and secure.
- Finding a house in a good school district in Toronto will ensure your children receive an excellent education. Check out this list of Most Improved Toronto Schools for an idea of the up-and-coming school districts you might want to consider!
- Since downtown Toronto is building more compact development, larger home locations may be found outside of the busy city core. How far will you be from work, schools, shopping, etc? Do you need a car to get around or can you use TTC?
- Walking distance from a park will give you and your kids the freedom to play and run around too.
- Once you find a location, make your larger home search a little easier by providing your real estate agent with an expected wishlist of what you visualize your family living in.
Planning for your future.
Most couples searching to upsize for their family end up living in the same house for a large span of their children’s life.
- While bunk beds can work for the first few years, you may need extra bedrooms to sleep the children you plan to have.
- More living space for comfort and entertaining and a bigger back garden to play in too.
- And don’t forget storage! Your children will inherit lots of equipment and toys starting with strollers, car seats, exersaucers, highchairs not to mention ride on toys, bikes, sports equipment and lots lots more. Garages can work as storage areas for old toys… and we’ve got you covered when you run out of room!
Upsizing can be exciting and intimidating at the same time, but if you’re prepared and know what you’re getting into, you can be confident you’re making the right choice!
About the Company
Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto is a professional moving and storage company operating out of Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, providing high quality local and long distance moving services throughout the GTA, Southern Ontario and across Canada. Thanks to our country-wide network we are also able to service our clients’ long distance moving needs throughout Canada. By helping to educate our clients on topics that can help them plan and execute a successful move, we are fulfilling our directive of taking the stigma out of hiring professional movers, and helping to make the moving process a stress free experience overall. To hear first-hand about our high quality moving services, please visit Homestars page where you can read reviews on our company submitted by many of our satisfied customers.
Call Viktoria Professional Movers (647) 344-1554 or Toll Free: 1 ( 877) 399-1315 for a FREE Consultation in regards to your residential or office moving needs to and from the GTA and Metro Toronto area.