Most likely when you get to the day before your moving to or from Toronto, ON or elsewhere in Canada, you’ll have had your share of checklists. Things to pack, things not to pack, things to do 12 weeks before move… You get the idea.
While the most important moving checklist is your Moving Day Checklist, the runner-up is your Day Before Moving Checklist. Without it, you’re likely to wake up on your moving day already in panic with all that has to be done. But with a day-before list full of check marks, you’ll spring out of bed ready to take on your move! Ok, maybe you won’t be that enthusiastic, but you’ll be on top of things!
Prepare your Day Before Moving Checklist based on your move’s specifics and include anything you haven’t yet gotten around to. Also, consider these additions:
- Remove pictures, mirrors and wall hangings from the walls.
- Build your Do Not Pack pile, putting suitcases and things you’ll be taking with you, in a corner clearly marked for movers and packers to steer clear of.
- Create a folder or a binder to keep your household inventory, checklists (including this one), and all other important papers.
- Contact your moving company to check, double check and triple check that everyone is on schedule.
- Secure cash, jewelry and valuables and put it with your belongings you’ll be taking with you.
- Return any cable boxes, modems or other leased electronics equipment.
- Do last-minute banking. Get cash for movers’ tips and emergency needs.
- Return anything borrowed – including library books – and pick up anything left hanging out there – including dry cleaning.
- If someone is taking care of your children or pets during the move, check in with them and be sure all details are set.
- Back up your computer. Charge your laptop, phone and other devices. And while you’re at it, be sure your chargers don’t get packed.
- Dispose of all perishable food, opened containers, and anything that could leak. If you’re putting garbage out to the curb for pick-up, make arrangements for a neighbor to retrieve the cans.
- If you’re taking liquids with you, put them in tightly sealed plastic bags or containers.
- Remove light bulbs from lamps and lights that will be packed and moved.
- Drain hoses and anything that might be filled with water.
About Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto
Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto is a professional moving and storage company operating out of Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, providing high quality local and long distance moving services throughout the GTA, Southern Ontario and across Canada. Thanks to our country-wide network we are also able to service our clients’ long distance moving needs throughout Canada. By helping to educate our clients on topics that can help them plan and execute a successful move, we are fulfilling our directive of taking the stigma out of hiring professional movers, and helping to make the moving process a stress free experience overall. To hear first-hand about our high quality moving services, please visit Homestars page where you can read reviews on our company submitted by many of our satisfied customers.
Call Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto (647) 344-1554 or Toll Free: 1 ( 877) 399-1315 for a FREE Consultation in regards to your residential or office moving needs to and from the GTA and Metro Toronto area.