Every move is unique in its own way and each move will always be different. Generalized guidelines for pricing can be followed based on square footage and how many bedrooms a home has, but to get a more accurate moving estimate we really need to consider the following factors:
- Volume. Someone who has lived in a home for 30 years vs. someone who has only lived in a home for 5 years will definitely have different moving expenses even if they have similar size homes, as the volume of items contained within will vary greatly.
- Access to the pick-up location and drop off location will also drastically affect the flow of the move. Although most people may think the access to their home is fairly generous, they don’t realize that when we are moving items all day, each and every step that is added to the equation prolongs the move, and ultimately leads to a larger final bill.
- Loose items are a time killer. In order to avoid lengthening of the move (and an increase to the final bill), box everything you can.
- Travel time always needs to be considered and understood properly and to help you understand how it works, here is the breakdown. The “travel time” on a move is typically a flat fee that is added on the final bill. It is a necessary charge, and clients need to understand that there is a cost in running a truck and crew even if they have not officially arrived at their home for a move. It should not be confused with the time the movers spend travelling between addresses, as this is considered a part of the move and is covered under the hourly rate.
- Preparing furniture for a move is another area that may affect your moving estimate. When dealing with furniture, it is very important to assess the weight as well as how delicate the piece may be. Obviously when dealing with heavy antique items, prep time will significantly increase or even double since much more attention and care are needed when prepping and transporting items.
- Moving crew number: when it comes to supplying a moving crew, less does not necessarily mean cheaper as when it comes to man power, efficiency is the key. Many clients mistakenly opt for less crew members when booking their move because on paper the lower hourly rate may seem like a more logical choice to save money. A professional moving company can help to make a recommendation on the optimum size of the moving crew, and there are times when a 3 man crew is a better choice than a 4 man crew, and vice versa.
How to Ensure an Accurate Toronto Moving Estimate
The best thing you can do to ensure a Toronto moving quote is accurate is to fully discuss what is coming on the move with a professional Toronto moving company, especially when receiving a quote over the phone. A professional moving company in Toronto will ask the right questions in order to make sure they get any necessary information.
About Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto
Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto is a professional moving and storage company operating out of Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, providing high quality local and long distance moving services throughout the GTA, Southern Ontario and across Canada. Thanks to our country-wide network we are also able to service our clients’ long distance moving needs throughout Canada. By helping to educate our clients on topics that can help them plan and execute a successful move, we are fulfilling our directive of taking the stigma out of hiring professional movers, and helping to make the moving process a stress free experience overall. To hear first-hand about our high quality moving services, please visit Homestars page where you can read reviews on our company submitted by many of our satisfied customers.
Call Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto (647) 344-1554 or Toll Free: 1 ( 877) 399-1315 for a FREE Consultation in regards to your residential or office moving needs to and from the GTA and Metro Toronto area.