Planning a move in the winter months in Toronto, ON or anywhere else in Canada can be challenging and with our unpredictable weather, you never know if it will rain, snow, or shine. Living in Canada, we can expect snow as early as October right through April. Be prepared for the worst and nothing will stop your planned moving day. Get organized, pre-plan and you’ll be amazed at how smoothly things go!
Tips for a smooth and easy transition:
- Heat and lights – Ensure that hydro/gas are connected in your new home. This is easy to overlook during the frantic week before moving. Have everything working a few days before the move to make sure everything is functioning and warm prior to the big day. You never know if you might have to spend the night due to weather conditions.
- Clear moving walkways – Keep shovels and salt handy to keep driveway, walkways and paths clear of snow and ice. If moving locally, shovel and salt your area the night before. A slippery walkway could spell disaster. And you don’t want to be caught unprepared with that hump at the end of the driveway from the city snow plow.
- Protect your floors – Cardboard, plastic sheets or tarps can be laid down on the floors to protect from snow, salt and water.
- Hot drinks and snacks – Coffee, tea or hot chocolate anyone? Hot drinks will keep you warm on a cold day, especially if someone else is doing the lifting. Pizza is always quick and easy on the move.
- Bundle up – Keep your moving team warm as they will be in and out for hours. Extra hats and insulated non-slip gloves are good to keep handy for yourself – just in case!
- Have a back-up plan – Don’t let a storm ruin your day. Make sure you have a back-up plan in case you need to reschedule. Talk to your Toronto moving company about their foul-weather policies and get your options, just in case.
- Let the kids play – Plan a pick up for after school or a sleepover with family or friends. It’s one less thing to think about!
- Service vehicles – Prepare your personal vehicles ahead of time by having snow tires, fluids topped up and your gas tank fueled. Don’t get left behind!
- Hire Toronto moving company – You didn’t expect us to leave this out did you? Of course, moving in warm weather is hard enough. Winter brings the extra challenges of snow and ice. The best professional moving companies in Toronto come prepared to handle weather challenges and let you focus on unpacking and getting organised in your new place.
That’s it! If you get organised beforehand, things will be that much easier on moving day. Of course, if you really want to make things easy, hire a professional moving company in Toronto!
About the Company
Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto is a professional moving and storage company operating out of Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, providing high quality local and long distance moving services throughout the GTA, Southern Ontario and across Canada. Thanks to our country-wide network we are also able to service our clients’ long distance moving needs throughout Canada. By helping to educate our clients on topics that can help them plan and execute a successful move, we are fulfilling our directive of taking the stigma out of hiring professional movers, and helping to make the moving process a stress free experience overall. To hear first-hand about our high quality moving services, please visit Homestars page where you can read reviews on our company submitted by many of our satisfied customers.
Call Viktoria Professional Movers (647) 344-1554 or Toll Free: 1 ( 877) 399-1315 for a FREE Consultation in regards to your residential or office moving needs to and from the GTA and Metro Toronto area.