When potential buyers are viewing a house in Toronto for sale, they are doing what we were all told not to do when growing up: judging a book by its cover. Consider your house an open book and encourage the buyers to make the offer that meets your expectations.
If a professional home stager is not included in your real estate contract, these tips could help you with self-staging your house in Toronto, ON for faster sale.
- Curb Appeal – Clean, sweep and powerwash the front entrance of your house. Landscape the garden, remove weeds, cut grass and trim edges to give your home a clean look. A fresh mat outside and a pot of bright flowers will freshen up the entryway too.
- Declutter – Pack all your personal belongings, such as: family pictures, collectible items, trinkets and all dust collectors. Minimize your furniture – fewer items in a room actually make the room look bigger. And don’t forget the closets!
- Storage and Sell – If you’re not sure what to do with all your stuff, you can rent a storage space in Toronto for your boxes and large items. Many Toronto storage providers will rent on a month-to-month basis. Have a garage sale for all the unwanted items.
- Paint and Touch Up – Patch-up cracks or holes in the walls, refresh the walls with a quick layer of paint. Think beige, taupe, white or pale blue, as rooms painted in light colours are calming on the eyes.
- Brighten Up – Mirrors on the walls give the perception of a longer or wider room. Keep the temperature of your house at a comfortable level. Clean your windows to offer a clear view and a subtle hint of cleanliness. Open windows to air out any stuffiness.
- Fresh scents – Fresh flowers on the dining room table or a single flower in a vase for the bathroom. Flowers give an elegant touch to any room. If you like to bake, feel free to indulge now. Everyone loves the smell of fresh baking. If baking’s not your thing, try this pro tip: boiling cinnamon in a pot gives a homemade pleasant smell.
- Clean, clean, and clean – Once rooms are decluttered it will be easy to keep up with the cleaning. Make it your daily routine to dust, vacuum, and mop floors. Clear plates and cups, wipe down sinks, the fridge and cabinet doors. Entryways should be clutter free. Hang jackets, put bags and shoes away.
Remember that a first impression is important and memorable, and might be the only chance you get to impress a buyer.
About Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto
Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto is a professional moving and storage company operating out of Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary, providing high quality local and long distance moving services throughout the GTA, Southern Ontario and across Canada. Thanks to our country-wide network we are also able to service our clients’ long distance moving needs throughout Canada. By helping to educate our clients on topics that can help them plan and execute a successful move, we are fulfilling our directive of taking the stigma out of hiring professional movers, and helping to make the moving process a stress free experience overall. To hear first-hand about our high quality moving services, please visit Homestars page where you can read reviews on our company submitted by many of our satisfied customers.
Call Viktoria Professional Movers Toronto (647) 344-1554 or Toll Free: 1 ( 877) 399-1315 for a FREE Consultation in regards to your residential or office moving needs to and from the GTA and Metro Toronto area.